Monday, January 25, 2010

Marketing Principles

The 4 Principles of Marketing when applied to getting a job, the product would be the person looking for a job. The remaining principles are place, price, and promotion.

The location of a job is important. It could determine where I decide to settle down and start a family. However, if the position I’m interested in is not local, I would have to factor in the commute and traffic both ways, as well as the price of gas. If I have a family, I wouldn’t want to be too far from home.

My concern about price when searching for a job is going to be finding a job that satisfies my cost of living and other needs. Most new employees don’t receive much of a starting salary. With the economy today, it’s hard to find any job let alone one that pays really well.

Finally promotion in a job search is vital. Plenty of employers look for those who excel in a certain field but also differ from others in unique ways. They not only look for experience and knowledge, but that you can bring something else to the business, such as personality and creativity. You basically have to “sell” yourself and impress them.

No comments:

Post a Comment